The Australasian Congress for Personality and Individual Differences is governed by an elected committee. ACPID is a non-profit organisation that aims to promote basic and applied research into the psychology of human individuality. ACPID views “personality and individual differences” as encompassing a wide range of phenomena (traits, abilities, values, interests, wellbeing etc.) that may be studied at multiple levels of analysis (biological, behavioural, cognitive etc.) through various methods (questionnaires, experiments, simulations, etc.) and intersecting with all other fields of psychology (developmental, social, organisational, clinical etc.). In addition to promoting research, the goals of ACPID are to:
A. Support the training, development, recognition, and progression of student researchers and early career researchers;
B. Provide opportunities for researchers at all levels to disseminate their research, collaborate, and interact together through the organisation and hosting of both formal (e.g., conferences, writing retreats etc.) and information (e.g., dinners, social functions etc.) events;
C. Promote the discipline of personality and individual differences within Australia and the broader Australasian region.
President: Luke Smillie (University of Melbourne)
Vice President: Carolyn MacCann (University of Sydney)
Treasurer: Natalie Loxton (Griffith University)
Secretary: Evita March (Federation University)
Outreach & Engagement Office: Sarah A. Walker (University of Sydney)
Student representatives: Hannah Kunst (University of Sydney), Molly Branson (Federation University)
If you have any queries or wish to get in touch with the executive committee or representatives, please contact us.
In 2000 Patrick Heaven and Don Munro decided that personality and individual differences researchers, students and practitioners needed an Australian conference. The rest, as they say, is history.
Thanks to Arthur Poropat for permission to use the ACPID logo he designed for the 2013 conference as our ongoing logo.
• 2022 Federation University, Evita March & Luke Smilie
• 2021 Australian National University, Boris Bizumic
• 2020 Virtual Conference, The University of Sydney, Sarah Walker
• 2019 Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Peter O’Connor
• 2018 Bond University, Gold Coast, Dick Hicks
• 2017 University of Sydney, Sydney, Carolyn MacCann
• 2016 Monash University, Shane Costello
• 2015 Western Sydney University, Mantra Hotel Parramatta, Peter Jonason
• 2014 University of Newcastle, Travelodge Motel Conference Center, Miles Bore and Don Munro
• 2013 Griffith University, South Bank Brisbane, Arthur Poropat
• 2012 University of Melbourne, Luke Smillie
• 2011 University of Tasmania, Rapson Gomez
• 2010 University of Wollongong, Patrick Heaven
• 2009 University of Sydney, Niko Tiliopoulos and Gerry Pallier
• 2008 Bond University, Richard Hicks
• 2007 Macquarie University, Simon Boag
• 2006 University of Newcastle, Noah’s Hotel, Don Munro and Miles Bore
• 2005 No ACPID conference as we attended the ISSID conference in Adelaide.
• 2004 University Ballarat, Rapson Gomez
• 2003 University of Queensland, Chris Jackson
• 2001 University of Wollongong, Patrick Heaven and Don Munro